Re: voting rights in general

That's *exactly* why rough consensus on technical decisions in the IETF is required to be based on mailing list discussion, since forever. (Also why we dont have voting!) But when it gets to picking humans for jobs, or - worse - ejecting them from jobs, it's always been assumed that some degree of personal knowledge is needed. That isnt sacred writ, but there are obvious issues in changing it - e.g. echo chamber effects in online discourse.

Regards
    Brian
    (via tiny screen & keyboard)