Re: Recall process

I'm top posting - how much of this discussion could we short-circuit and conclude by picking a number, and I don't know what number is right, for recall signature eligibility, of
  • people who are Nomcom-eligible, or
  • would be Nomcom-eligible if we counted registered remote participants the same way we count on-site participants?
I know more about "voting" at IEEE 802 than at IETF (for obvious reasons), but ISTM that the concern is that someone might be able to stand up a bunch of sock puppets (or actual humans playing the role of sock puppets), who don't participate in IETF, but can be urged to sign a recall petition (professor with at least 20 students, large customer with at least 20 vendors, what other obvious clumping mechanisms can someone imagine?), maybe just to watch the world burn.

If people have enough skin in the game to have registered for three out of the past five IETF meetings, as wither onsite or remote participants, that's at least a higher bar than me passing out a recall petition for middle school students to sign, the next time I spend the day talking to several hundred middle school students.

And if that's not the right proxy for "people who care about the IETF, but don't travel to IETF meetings", what is?

Thanks, and (for at least some of you), travel safely.

Spencer, the outgoing TSV AD