Re: voting rights in general

On Sun, 24 Mar 2019, Ted Lemon wrote:

Because of the way nomcom eligibility works, it effectively does require special membership: you have to be able to attend three out of five IETFs in a row. We don’t call this a membership, but in effect it is. The minimum cost of the membership is three times the IETF conference fee plus travel expenses.

That's to have an official position, as in WG chair, AD etc.

I have never held any official IETF position and I have been able to participate in WG activities just fine.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx