Re: Finding the appropriate work stream for draft-nottingham-for-the-users

On 20/03/2019 00:10, Carsten Bormann wrote:
>> As for Big Brother (presumably not the TV show), I hold a view that
>> is controversial in the IETF, that as a tax payer I pay various
>> agencies to protect me and my family, and if they need to see
>> Internet data to do their job, then they should have access to it.

> You will find there is less opposition in the IETF than you think to
> what you just said.
Not sure about that. There are O(200) entities (at the country
level) to which one could have the chance to pay tax. In most
cases, people I've asked are not at all happy with the idea
that any significant percentage of all of those would have such
access. I'm always puzzled that that aspect gets forgotten so
often.

That however seems like a side issue.

S.