Re: Finding the appropriate work stream for draft-nottingham-for-the-users

On 3/19/19 2:15 PM, Stewart Bryant wrote:

It needs to benefit the whole eco-system. Using the end user as a proxy for all of the other partners will lead to sub-optimal solutions.

Disagree.   When the eco-system ceases to benefit end users significantly more than it harms them, the eco-system needs to either change - or cease to exist.

As for Big Brother (presumably not the TV show), I hold a view that is controversial in the IETF, that as a tax payer I pay various agencies to protect me and my family, and if they need to see Internet data to do their job, then they should have access to it.

By "Big Brother" I was not intending to refer to any specific government.   But if you're talking about the US, the framers of the US Constitution disagreed with you.

Keith