Re: AD Time

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 06:45:07PM -0500, Mary B wrote:
> The idea of paid staff is a terrible place to go IMHO.

I don't think anyone here is promoting paid staff. we're only talking
about additional funding/spnsoring options for ADs while maintaining the
same oversight. ADs report to their conscience and the community for
their AD job, nobody else.

> The organizations with paid staff have memberships - pay to play...

I thought IETF as paid staff already, and effectively, if you want to move
things in the IETF you must go to the meetings (few exceptions proving the
rule), so i wouldn't take these factors as binary wisdoms.

Cheers
    Toerless

--
---