Re: AD Time

On Jul 30, 2018, at 9:45 PM, Toerless Eckert <tte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Working 40 hours a week and training members of a directorate to provide the
executive summaries you mentioned might be better spent AD time than trying
to work 60 hours  a week reviewing every document yourself as an AD.

Definitely.   But also, reviews that are sufficient that the AD has the cross-area view without having had to read the whole document  are substantially more work than even very good reviews that don't, so there's a question of time.   But absolutely, if I had it to do over again I'd spend more time training and less time reading (full disclosure, I never did 60 hours a week outside of IETF meetings).