Re: Proposed Photography Policy

The issue for me is not so much taking photos as knowing whether or not to post them.​

London is one of the most heavily surveilled cities in the world and there are good reasons for that even if folk may not agree with them. So anyone hoping not to be photographed is out of luck.

Since we develop communications standards, anyone expecting anonymity is in the wrong business. But we can avoid adding to the information leakage.

The red/white lanyards convention appear to me to be a very promising contribution. Asking everyone if they mind being photographed is tedious. At least with the convention, I can obscure faces afterwards if necessary.

And now I am going back into lurk mode.