Re: Datatracker Profile/Person ?! pages (was: Re: Proposed Photography Policy - Transparency and Leadership)

On Sat, Mar 03, 2018 at 12:27:19AM -0500, Ted Lemon wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2018, at 12:10 AM, Toerless Eckert <tte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > a) allow authenticating yourselv through proof of posession
> >   of an email address of the author name in one of the drafts listed
> >   on the page.
>
> We already have that.  You can log in to the datatracker.

Yeah.. just played again with it.
Some confusion between profile and person pages. See trac#.

https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/2462

> Defaulting to Gravatar might improve the results:
>
> wget `echo -n mellon@xxxxxxxxx |(echo -n "https://www.gravatar.com/avatar/";; md5sum ) |awk '{ print $1 }'`

Nice.

I guess one can argue that defaulting to show a photo on gravatar
is not an opt-out because you explicitly opted in for public
display on any web-page knowing&showing your email
when you set up the gravatar account, right ?

nevertheless, would be better if you instead of me would suggest
that on trac.tools.ietf.org, as i have no idea about endorsing one
specific service like gravatar and the questions that may raise.

Cheers
    Toerless