Datatracker Profile/Person ?! pages (was: Re: Proposed Photography Policy - Transparency and Leadership)

Melinda,

Well, there is

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/person/<name>

Where photos AFAIK can today only be uploaded manually through the official
IETF photographer, and that i think happens only for leadership/WG-chairs
(AFAIK).

Given how that page constructs people entries (AFAIK) from parsing
drafts/rfcs, it should be easy to expand that scripting to

a) allow authenticating yourselv through proof of posession
   of an email address of the author name in one of the drafts listed
   on the page.

b) Allow you to upload your photo

[ Might make sense to do this by associating your datatracker account with
 such a name, but thats an implementation choice]

Given how these pages already exist, its just about automated
ability to add your photo. Should not be too much work cost for
datatracker development.

These datatracker person pages are IMHO also the page where contributors
to the IETF would most likely want to upload their photo to.

Figure out some good place to promote the existance of these pages
and that you can add your photo. DOne.

Everything else should likely be outside IETF homed pages.

Cheers
    Toerless

--
---