Re: Proposed Photography Policy - Transparency and Leadership

One of the aspects that concerns me about the policy is that it seems to allow our leadership to require that their images be removed from pictures of them doing their job. Yes, there is text about panels. But that seems insufficient. I would suggest we add:

  IETF Leadership (such as IAB members, IESG members, and Working Group
  Chairs) should understand that when they are performing their formal
  duties they may be photographed, and those photographs may be
  displayed in public.

That would be in addition to the existing text about panels. Thus, it would cover WG chairs and cases where for example the IAB Chair or IETF chair are presenting even without a panel of others.

I will leave it to others as to whether the example lsit of leadership needs to be more comprehensive. I hope that we do not need to be more specific about what we mean by performing their formal duties.

Yours,
Joel