Re: Proposal to revise ISOC's mission statement

On Nov 7, 2017, at 12:46, Christian Huitema <huitema@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[I wrote:]
...it’s an entirely different thing to use a contract of adhesion to coerce subordinates...

Bottom line, the situation is much more nuanced than "you have no right"

Yes, and the reason I used that technical phrase “contract of adhesion” there is to set down a marker observing that various arguments about the unconscionability (and therefore the unenforceability) of various standard form contract provisions commonly observed in the wild remain basically untested. I contend it would be within the ambit of ISOC to take public positions on some of those questions.

--james woodyatt <jhw@xxxxxxxxxx>