Re: Proposal to revise ISOC's mission statement

On Nov 7, 2017, at 3:59 AM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

As an input there, (not that you'll be short of them:-),,, I
hope that ISOC don't differentiate too much between government
surveillance and corporate surveillance. While the latter
may have some fig-leaf of so-called "consent" or clicked-EULA,
it's the same information being gathered/centralised etc. (And
of course the latter form of surveillance can nicely feed the
former when companies are compelled.)

I realise that commenting on corporate surveillance might be
harder for ISOC and IETFers as we end up criticising basically
ourselves/our-employers, but ISTM that logic and consistency
call for doing just that.

+1