Re: Single virtual queue (was Re: Pink Squares)

On Jul 27, 2015, at 6:47 AM, John Leslie <john@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  We saw several sessions in IETF-93 where a remote participant was
given active status with video; and was treated like somebody standing
near the microphone. QED

I saw this in one of the sessions I attended at IETF-92.   I was disappointed to learn that it wasn’t ubiquitous when I attended IETF-93 remotely.   Some of the jabber scribes in the meetings I attended did a good job, but (a) I felt like a real burden to them and (b) there is no opportunity for dialog with the jabber scribe channeling you, because by the time you’ve typed a clarification, they’ve sat down, for the most part.   Kudos to Andrew Sullivan for doing a fantastic job as jabber scribe in dhc, though—thanks to him that is the one working group where I really felt like I had a chance to participate as if I were present.   But it was kind of a PITA for him, and we have the technology to let remote people speak, so why not use it?