Re: Single virtual queue (was Re: Pink Squares)

I'm not in favour of a rigidly enforced single queue, virtual
or not.

I do support the idea that a remote participant can get in a
queue and not be endlessly gazumped by folks who are present.
With jabber and channelling that works ok today. We need to find
a way to make it work with remote audio input. (I don't think the
pacman thing is there yet but am fine with that being played with
and improved.)

What I do not want however is for chairs to lose the ability to
allow two or more folks to discuss a specific point when that's
the best way to get something resolved. Insisting that someone
has to wait until N other folks have raised different issues is
surely a way to dis-improve our face to face interactions. And I
don't think the way to handle that is via any kind of UI, fancy
or simple, but rather by allowing chairs to do the right thing,
whatever that is. (Actually I wish we were much better at getting
mic lines to discuss one topic at a time, but that's a different
discussion, so I'll not interpose it here:-)

S.