Re: Proper credit for work done -- on finding chairs (was CHANGE THE JOB)

On 2013-10-21 18:14, Benoit Claise wrote:
<snip>
Personallly, I'd encourage authors to not add ADs unless there's
a specific reason. Within an IETF context, ADs get enough ego
boosting already.
Agreed.

Sigh, while I think most the folks speaking up here agree to that,
it seems almost impossible to get the other side of this through.
Mentioning ADs/WG chairs are not only to give them credit for a
particular document that has been published as an RFC.

It is also easily find whom you need to hold accountable, a couple of
ADs and a few IESG generations later.

his is why I'm reluctant to place this in the Ack section, and prefer
some place similar (read "new section".

/Loa

S.

--