Re: Proper credit for work done -- on finding chairs (was CHANGE THE JOB)

On Oct 18, 2013, at 00:15, <l.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chairs being authors, and thus taking a detailed technical position, can often be very bad for workgroup output.

Chairs understanding the technology also can be very good for WG output.

If you understand the technology in a dynamic field, it is simply unnatural to abstain from writing documents.

(I'm not saying there is no problem with mixing chair and author roles, just that it is inappropriate to "solve" it with simplistic rules.)

Grüße, Carsten