Re: draft-moonesamy-ietf-conduct-3184bis

Hi Eduardo,
At 08:44 01-09-2013, Eduardo A. Suárez wrote:
the problem is that when one is arguing against the opinion of another
person, it is very easy for the recipient to respond "you do not write
well and I do not understand" and so disqualify his opponent.

"You do not write well" is not a reason to reject an opinion. "I do not understand" is also not a reason to reject an opinion. Please note that, in theory, person Y (see opponent in the above) cannot disqualify the person X. It does happen in practice as people do not use the process which is supposed to prevent all that from happening. Another problem is that it is difficult to know how to use the process.

Speaking for myself, it is understandable that anyone in that situation will find it unbearable. I think that it would be good if something which brings results is done about it this year.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy