Re: draft-moonesamy-ietf-conduct-3184bis

On 08/31/2013 09:52 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

Lars Eggert made the following comment:

"I actually WANT this draft to talk about the CONSEQUENCES (posting rights
   getting taken away, personal attendance made impossible, etc.) of not
   following the code of conduct! I think that would be by FAR the most
   impactful addition we could make."

Some of the above is already possible (see Appendix B).

Just one point that irks me a bit about this draft... this draft would imply the violation of the code upon those who do (however inadvertently) are 1) Native English speakers and 2) use slang of some nature (which is quite arbitrary). I'd ask for the original phrasing to be more or less preserved (I see a few wording changes worthwhile) to avoid the implied absurdity.

The application of Lars' comment would potentially provide for penalty here, so I think it is worthwhile to fight this point now.

I promise I'll try not to use my generally unintelligible speech.

--WM