Re: draft-moonesamy-ietf-conduct-3184bis

On 9/1/13, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Eduardo,
> At 23:19 31-08-2013, Eduardo A. Suarez wrote:
>>I think both parties have to try to express clearly. Those who do not
>>have the English as their native language should also try to do so.
>
> Agreed.
>
>>What is unbearable to me is that in more than one discussion in a
>>mailing list someone's opinion is censored because misspell their
>>ideas or opinions.
>
> I'll try and rephrase the above.  In some mailing list discussions a
> person's ideas or opinions are ignored because the ideas or opinions
> are either not expressed clearly or the ideas or opinions are not
> understood.

I always think the problem of not understanding a message in IETF is
not the fault of the transmitter, but it is the receiver's fault. The
receiver SHOULD make more efforts to understand, or send a reply to
request clarifications (specially in IETF WGs when discussing
technical issues). The fault cannot be the used-language or the way
the language is used, but the fault can be low performance of
communication or low purpose of such work at receiver end.

AB