Re: Remote participants access to Meeting Mailing Lists was Re: BOF posters in the welcome reception

On 7/24/13 10:35 AM, Eric Gray wrote:
> These lists are not - AFAIK - intended for "meeting participation"
> anywhere near as much as they are for meeting logisitics.

My experience has been that they're for both, and while
I'll be a remote participant this time I've already
subscribed to the 87attendees list.

I don't think it's accurate to describe putting up a mailing
list to which people may or may not choose to subscribe as
"jumping through hoops," although I will say that I think
we should be "jumping through hoops" to enable broader
participation and to improve remote participation.

Melinda