Re: Remote participants access to Meeting Mailing Lists was Re: BOF posters in the welcome reception

On 24 Jul 2013, at 16:18, Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Janet,
>
>> I am another remote participant who would like to be able to subscribe to the meeting-specific mailing list.
>>
>> I can skip (myself)  the ones about coffee and cookies, but definitely want to read the ones about schedule changes, etc.
>>
>> And even the other messages give me a taste of "what it would be like to be there".
>
> Understood. I'm wondering if this points to a need to get on the meeting list easily. Either without registering, or having a registration flag of being interested in the meeting while not intending to be there.
>
> We could create another mailing list too, but I'm a little sensitive for creating many slightly different mailing lists (duplicate messages, posting accidentally on the wrong one, etc)

I see no reason why the 87attendees@xxxxxxxx list shouldn't be open to remote participants. Is that not the case already? We should be doing all we can to encourage participation.

I would share the concerns of duplication if an 87remote@xxxxxxxx list were set up, but it might be useful for those who aren't there to be able to discuss issues, tips, etc with remote participation.

A lot of meeting topics do come up on the main ietf list too, of course.

Tim