Re: BOF posters in the welcome reception

--On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:17 +0300 Jari Arkko
<jari.arkko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> And, incidentally, is there a way for remote participants to
>> sign up for one or both meeting-related mailing lists without
>> registering (or using a "remote participation registration"
>> mechanism, which would be my preference for other reasons)?
>
> I sent the mail to ietf-announce, so I would guess many
> non-attendees got it as well.

Yes.  I was thinking a bit more generally.  For example,
schedule changes during the meeting week, IIR, go to NNall, and
not ietf-announce.   As a remote participant, one might prefer
to avoid the usual (and interminable) discussions about coffee
shops, weather, and the diameter of the cookies, but it seems to
me that there is a good deal of material that goes to the two
meeting lists that would be of use.  Since I'm on those lists in
spite of being remote (registered and then cancelled), I can try
to keep track of whether anything significant to remote
participants appears on the meeting discuss list this time if it
would help.

best,
   john