What? This thread is talking about *voting* now?

It's really annoying when a thread drifts to a wildly different topic
without somebody thinking to change the Subject header.

My comments on nominees would be much less frank if I knew they
would be published. In fact, I doubt if I would make any at all.

Here's a comment I sent in a number of years ago.

"Arrogant, sometimes rude, not interested in listening to other
people. I think <pronoun> would be an abysmal AD."

In public? I don't think so. The whole idea of honest feedback only
works when kept confidential.

As for voting, I understand Mary's frustration at the lack of
participation, but this really must not become a popularity
contest and certainly not be put at risk of capture by companies
or countries that send a lot of people to meetings. After all,
this thread started out about how to *not* need to go to meetings.

Regards
   Brian