Re: Requirement to go to meetings

On 10/23/11 12:02 PM, Melinda Shore wrote:

> It's really not that big a deal.  Make sure that audio is working,
> that there's a Jabber scribe/Jabber room watcher and liaison-y sort
> of person, and that remote participants are pinged regularly (and
> *always* before a change of topic).

I have a concrete suggestion for WG chairs: don't ask for a "Jabber
scribe" (which makes it sound as if the hapless volunteer needs to type
everything that's said into the chatroom) but instead ask for someone to
relay comments from the chatroom to the mic. In my experience,
rephrasing the request in this way always results in a volunteer.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/