Re: Let's move on - Let's DNSCurve Re: DNSSEC is NOT secure end to end

Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

> Past history is no guarantee of future performance.

Is your argument applicable to the following statement you just made
yesterday?

: Trust roots have to be valid for at least a decade to be acceptable to
: the application vendor community.

> A pattern we see repeated over and over again is that a new control on
> some form of Internet crime leads to a dramatic short term reduction
> even though the control merely increases the cost of crime, not
> eliminates the capability. This is the displacement effect. The
> criminals attack weaker targets instead. Once the criminals have
> exhausted the supply of easy targets the original targets see a sudden
> increase in the crime rate, often orders of magnitude in a few days.

Note that, given dynamically generated zones, signature generation
mechanisms of DNSSEC is rather weaker targets.

							Masataka Ohta