Re: Let's move on - Let's DNSCurve Re: DNSSEC is NOT secure end to end

These are assertions, not facts.

PKI is demonstrated to be effective in the reduction and management of
risk, that is what it is designed to do and that is how I define the
term 'security'.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Masataka
Ohta<mohta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>? ? ? ?That's a unproved assumption.
>
>> It is an observation backed by fifteen years of experience and direct
>> conversations with the principals for cryptographic security at the
>> major platform vendors.
>
> PKI, including DNSSEC, is NOT secure cryptographically, but secure
> socially or, in other word, weakly secure, subject to social and
> other forms of attacks.
>
> PKI, however, is not so insecure, in a sense that plain old DNS
> (specified in 1987) is not so insecure and has been valid for
> more than a decade to be acceptable to the application vendor
> community.
>
> That is the observed fact.
>
> If the broken security model of bailiwick is thrown away,
> plain old DNS is made secure enough.
>
> Moreover, plain old DNS is a lot easier to manage than PKI.
>
>                                                Masataka Ohta

New Website: http://hallambaker.com/
View Quantum of Stupid podcasts, Tuesday and Thursday each week,
http://quantumofstupid.com/