Re: [117attendees] Making meeting attendance more affordable

Jordi,

Let's put this in a little bit of perspective.

The last (and only) time we met in Australia was March 2000 in Adelaide. It was well understood
at the time that Australia is "far away from everywhere" and that regular IETF meetings would not
be happening there, but that "one-off" out-of-rotation meetings would/could happen from time
to time.

The fact that we are learning about this meeting 235 days in advance should not cause too
much of an impediment for the typical IETF attendee, as compared to knowing more than a year
in advance. Yes, it will be more expensive for flights compared to your "average" IETF
meeting, but after 24 years it seems more than fair to share some of the pain with those
attendees who have been joining us from Australia for decades now.

Airlines typically won't let you book more that 330 days in advance and while that is more
than 235, it's not at all clear a longer window would have been better in this case, especially
given the huge swings in air fares post-pandemic.

See you in Prague and hopefully Brisbane too! I am sure the folks at APNIC will make excellent
local hosts (officially or not).

Cheers,

Ole