Re: Email (was Re: Next steps towards a net zero IETF)

Before folk start accusing me of 'solving the spam problem',

* I get 40-50 spam messages making it into my Gmail inbox per day, several times that in my spam folder and goodness knows how many Gmail drop by blocking the sender IPs.

* I have received 5 spam contact requests on Skype in >10 years, 2 on Signal in five. Similar vanishingly low number of fake contacts on Facebook, Twitter, etc. None of those have contained malicious payloads.

* I have never received a junk phone call on Skype, Zoom or Signal, not once.

There is really no reason to think that the same approach of requiring authentication and authorization could not be applied to an open interoperable messaging system.

At this point I have running code. I am just finishing off a few modifications to the platform that would be impossible to make after starting to build a user base. This is mostly a matter of eliminating code that is not required.

All I need to do now is to find a community of users for which an end to end communication system that supports all of today's messaging modalities or a system that manages keys and credentials across devices represents a 'killer application'.