Re: [Last-Call] OT: change BCP 83 [Re: Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins]

On 10/3/22 10:48, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

I question the characterization of the raw materials under consideration here as mere "varying opinions".  The target of the PR action has proudly stated that his tactics involve the use of ridicule.  I prefer the term "polemics", but either way, it's not as simple as a difference of opinion.
I haven't seen that statement, and can't really judge it without seeing it.    I guess I think that ridicule can serve a useful purpose in constructive dialog, but is more likely than not to be counterproductive.

But I don't think it's fair to judge such statements in the abstract, and it's better to judge the actual statements made, while attempting to understand the context in which those statements were made.

Keith