Re: [Last-Call] OT: change BCP 83 [Re: Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins]

On Sun, Oct 2, 2022 at 7:27 AM Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I wonder if there's a correlation between such perceptions
and the extent to which people partake in the usual online
social networks that are reputedly quite toxic? I don't have
accounts on any of those myself but wouldn't be surprised if
perceptions of email traffic were affected by postings by the
same folk, or different folk on similar topics, seen in other
fora.

I would say "no way". Following IETF people on Twitter or something would be pretty painful, unless you actually know them personally to some extent.

Ofer Inbar wrote the best way to look at toxicity I've seen recently:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/ZTiUvG9fOIR8o-LeaBGW0xYee9c/

That "whittling down" is what's at issue here, at least to me. If you think the environment is unchanged, and you're still on the list, you still have to admit he has a point.

thanks,
Rob