Re: BCP97bis

Perhaps an AD sponsoring a BCP written by another AD is not the best way forward for something that has such a broad impact.

  • Do you have a proposal for a venue where you feel this should be handled?  Maybe you're thinking GENDISPATCH?  I don't think this warrants its own working group, but weirder things have happened.

Yes it should go through a dispatch.

  • I also wouldn't characterize this thread overall as "pushback", but rather a lot of background and reasonable feedback, some of which has resulted in changes to the text.  I also wouldn't say it has consensus yet, but so goes the process.

Out of curiosity, which consensus and how do you tell?