Re: BCP97bis

At a minimum, authors/editors of source documents need to secure freely available copies of the target documents for use by all anticipated reviewers during the source document's life cycle, which includes working group participants, any member of the community that chooses to participate in Last Call discussions, area review teams, IANA expert reviewers, and members of the IESG. The mechanism for acquiring access to those documents is to be be specified in the shepherd writeup.

As John Klensin has pointed out, this really can apply only to type-1 documents (and, actually, only if there is a certain power relationship).

I don’t really have a constructive suggestion, but I think if we enshrine this bit of existing policy/practice into a process document, we need to be more careful about what we actually require.
Maybe a downref needs to be explicit on whether this is a type-1 or a type-2.

Grüße, Carsten