Re: BCP97bis

  • At a minimum, authors/editors of source documents need to secure freely available copies of the target documents for use by all anticipated reviewers during the source document's life cycle, which includes working group participants, any member of the community that chooses to participate in Last Call discussions, area review teams, IANA expert reviewers, and members of the IESG. The mechanism for acquiring access to those documents is to be be specified in the shepherd writeup.

I understand the desire for everything that is defined by the IETF to be built on public freely available resources.  I think this goes WAY WAY WAY too far.

Can I buy a copy of a standard and require it to be postal mailed to everyone serially?