Re: [Last-Call] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-lamps-samples-05

On Sun 2021-12-12 19:48:17 -0800, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> Hi dkg,
>
> On Tue, Dec 07, 2021 at 03:11:56PM +0200, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>> I appreciate your catching these unexpanded acronyms.  I am happy to add
>> expansions for them, or maybe just outbound references if that seems
>> appropriate.
>>
>> "OCSP" and "CRL" appear in the draft in reference to certificate
>> indicators, meaning specific X.509 extensions; for OCSP i would refer to
>> id-ad-ocsp in the Authority Information Access X.509 extension
>> (i.e., §4.2.2.1 of RFC 5280), and for CRL i would refer to the CRL
>> Distribution Points X.509 extension (i.e., §4.2.1.13 of RFC 5280).
>>
>> For "PEM encoding" I would add an informative reference to RFC 7468,
>> where §5 describes certificates and §10 describes private keys.
>>
>> Would that be a useful set of changes to the document?
>
> IMHO, yes.

OK, i just uploaded draft-ietf-lamps-samples-06 with these changes and
Roman's edits, but i somehow goofed and modified the PKCS#12 files from
how they were in -05.

I've subsequently uploaded -07 with the PKCS#12 restored to how it was
in -05, as you can see here:

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-lamps-samples-05&url2=draft-ietf-lamps-samples-07

I note that there is also a change in how the text versions are
rendered, because the surrounding quotation marks have been dropped as
of xml2rfc version 3.7 (see
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/xml2rfc/ticket/600) -- the underlying xml
source has no changes for those elements.  I'd have preferred the text
version to actually do the quote-wrapping of the substrings, but not
enough to introduce quotation marks into the HTML version, which i think
is a cleaner way to read these samples anyway (easier to extract the
sourcecode blobs, at any rate).

So, I think this addresses all of the outstanding requests that i've
seen about this draft.  If there's anything else i can do to help move
this along, please let me know.

        --dkg