Re: [Last-Call] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-lamps-samples-05

Hi Stewart--

Thanks for this review.

On Tue 2021-11-16 06:55:33 -0800, Stewart Bryant via Datatracker wrote:
> Document: draft-ietf-lamps-samples-05
> Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
> Review Date: 2021-11-16
> IETF LC End Date: 2021-11-26
> IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

> Major issues:None
>
> Minor issues:None
>
> Nits/editorial comments:
> The following terms were used without prior definition in the text: PEM, OCSP,
> CRL - they are well known in the security community, but not in the RFC Editor
> list of well known terms not needing expansion on first use.

I appreciate your catching these unexpanded acronyms.  I am happy to add
expansions for them, or maybe just outbound references if that seems
appropriate.

"OCSP" and "CRL" appear in the draft in reference to certificate
indicators, meaning specific X.509 extensions; for OCSP i would refer to
id-ad-ocsp in the Authority Information Access X.509 extension
(i.e., §4.2.2.1 of RFC 5280), and for CRL i would refer to the CRL
Distribution Points X.509 extension (i.e., §4.2.1.13 of RFC 5280).

For "PEM encoding" I would add an informative reference to RFC 7468,
where §5 describes certificates and §10 describes private keys.

Would that be a useful set of changes to the document?

Regards,

      --dkg