Re: Status of this memo

On 4/27/21 5:54 PM, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

emphatically disagree, and I believe that's a particularly harmful
concept to promote.
Could you elaborate more on how your position relates to the BCP 25
description of "Document Editor"?  §6.3 of RFC 2418 has:

   Most IETF working groups focus their efforts on a document, or set of
   documents, that capture the results of the group's work.  A working
   group generally designates a person or persons to serve as the Editor
   for a particular document.  The Document Editor is responsible for
   ensuring that the contents of the document accurately reflect the
   decisions that have been made by the working group.

In my experience WGs have often accepted the original author(s)/editor(s) of a document as the Document Editor, and done so without much (if any) formality.   I think it mostly works

I'm not sure what this has to do, however, with the bit of the reply that you quoted.

Keith