Status of this memo

I don't what made this click in my brain now rather than 20 years ago, but think about this extract from our I-D boilerplate**:

"Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). Note that other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-Drafts."

That's actually internally inconsistent and if the first sentence is quoted without the second, it is actively misleading when (say) an IRTF draft is concerned.

Shouldn't those two sentences be combined into a more accurate single sentence?:

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) or of other associated groups or individuals.

**The exact wording of the boilerplate has changed since 20 years ago, but the problem has always existed.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter