Re: Status of this memo

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 10:25 PM Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't what made this click in my brain now rather than 20 years ago, but think about this extract from our I-D boilerplate**:

"Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). Note that other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-Drafts."

My suggestion.

Internet-Drafts are documents submitted according to the 'NOTE WELL' terms of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) as described in RFC-FOO. They are working documents of the IETF, IRTF and other groups.

I would like open source and other communities to be encouraged to make more use of Internet Drafts. The more design data is captured under NOTE WELL terms, the better.