Re: the old fellowship program, was Wow, we're famous

Maybe one thing that could be done is to have a set of things that
newbies can do to participate that are likely to be taken very
favorably. What author doesn't like somebody who's gone through your
ID with a fine tooth comb for nits, bad grammar, unclear text, etc and
especially from fresh eyes from the perspective of a potential
implementer, for example. Everybody would win in that situation. Their
naivety is a huge benefit.

"What author doesn't like somebody who's gone through your ID with a fine tooth comb for nits, bad grammar, unclear text, etc and especially from fresh eyes from the perspective of a potential
implementer, for example."

This is what I tried when I first came over from NANOG after reading 'ops folks come on over to IETF' emails there.  Not everyone wants that.  I was told 'that's what the RFC editor is for.  Do you have any valuable input?'  Paraphrasing...  Since then I have been a lurker just because I want to learn.

scott