Re: the old fellowship program, was Wow, we're famous

It appears that Nico Williams  <nico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>Fernando has pointed out repeatedly that ISOC used to have a sponsorship
>program for participants from economically disadvantaged countries, and
>that this program has been terminated.

It wasn't working. The people would come to a meeting but then
wouldn't write I-Ds or continue to engage with the IETF. In one
particularly unfortunate case, the person didn't even speak English
and somehow the selection process missed that. We want to resume it
with a selection process that finds people who can benefit from IETF
meetings and are likely to be ongoing IETF contributors.

>But we _care_ so *so* much!

Thanks for your thoughtful anaylsis.

R's,
John