Re: TLS access Re: Call for Community Feedback: Retiring IETF FTP Service

Thanks for the update.

Roman Danyliw <rdd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > To contextualize access to this non-authoritative data set via FTP, I've provided another chart to the "12 Days in the life of an IETF FTP server" at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JAXspeaMWFl8ML3hSezFSM0VsJsHI4uyDlQ2dHip8jo/edit#

    > Access to RFCs is 27% of all FTP traffic and represents 37% of all unique IP addresses.

    > This new chart in the "What information are the users requesting?"
    > section provides a distribution of requests and IP address across the
    > top level directories.  A few highlights:
    > * 64% of all requests are for either an I-D or RFC (or 60% of all
    > unique IP addresses, using no aggregation)

So basically a single user loading a single document?

    > * the next most popular category (28%) is /ietf which contains historic
    > charter and minute information of WGs; most of the usage is syncing the
    > directory

And the rest is doing mirroring, probably setup 10 years ago, and still
running.  Do we have any stats from rsync access?

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )