RE: Call for Community Feedback: Retiring IETF FTP Service

> Hi Ned!

> Thanks for the feedback.

For myself, I routinely use devices that are incapable of supporting a crypto
stack that would work with an IETF HTTPS server. I haven't had the need to
access IETF resources recently from such hardware, which is why I hadn't
noticed this change. But that's happenstance, nothing more.

However, the case that worries me much more is how this may affect access from
places where crypto use is problematic.

> Put via analogy, if you always get something via postcard (in the clear), but
> got it in an envelope (encrypted) instead, it break something.  Or are you
> stating a philosophical position on not providing channel security?

I'm well aware of Zimmerman's postcard/letter analogy. I'm also aware of the
as simple as the analogy would have you believe.

				Ned