RE: Call for Community Feedback: Retiring IETF FTP Service

Hi Ned!

Thanks for the feedback.

Could you help me better understand which way your concern leans.  Let's abstract away HTTP and FTP, and just consider a communications channel.  Do you have a use case where access to IETF artifacts need to happen over unencrypted channels (i.e., getting the same artifacts over an encrypted channels breaks the use case)?  Put via analogy, if you always get something via postcard (in the clear), but got it in an envelope (encrypted) instead, it break something.  Or are you stating a philosophical position on not providing channel security?

Roman