Re: USA dominion: Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

Salz, Rich wrote:

I believe you are widening the scope beyond what is necessary to
address the current issue.

Though the original draft says:

: describes the problems introduced by some specific terms,

: The terms discussed in this document include "master-slave"
: and "whitelist-blacklist".any problem in

the draft does not discuss "blacklist".

Maybe because of that, we were (or, at least, I was) discussing
on "slave".

Then, as *YOU* mentioned "blacklist" to me, I explained why
there are no problems unless you think Thriller and the Lord
of the Rings were problematic.

For me, "blacklist" is an easier example than "slave" and,
as such, I welcomed your mentioning of "blacklist" widening
the scope.

						Masataka Ohta