Re: Kudos to MeetEcho

On 27 Jul 2020, at 9:22, Jared Mauch wrote:

On Jul 27, 2020, at 10:15 AM, Richard Barnes <rlb@xxxxxx> wrote:

While there has been a lot of progress since 107, it is clear from the first couple of sessions that there are still a many rough edges that are wasting a lot of WG time. We should take a serious look at whether it's worth investing more in refining this tool, or whether a more standard tool would be appropriate.

I disagree, there are often rough edges around the first time you use any tool, some of this is PBCAK and some is UI, etc.

I have some suggestions to improve it, but the reality is this is a huge improvement and seems to be working well.

FWIW: I agree with Jared here. There are UI issues and problems that need to be (and I think can be) addressed (I'm making my own list), but I think the overall design and performance of Meetecho are much better suited to our uses than any of the other "standard" tools that I have used. So I do think that it's worth investing more in refining this tool.

pr
--
Pete Resnick https://www.episteme.net/
All connections to the world are tenuous at best