Re: Kudos to MeetEcho

> On Jul 27, 2020, at 10:15 AM, Richard Barnes <rlb@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> While there has been a lot of progress since 107, it is clear from the first couple of sessions that there are still a many rough edges that are wasting a lot of WG time.  We should take a serious look at whether it's worth investing more in refining this tool, or whether a more standard tool would be appropriate.
>
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 10:08 AM Chris Inacio <inacio@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just want to say that I finished chairing a WG this morning and to say kudos to MeetEcho. Since it seems all I do is spend time in (many different) video conferencing apps, I think the updates to MeetEcho for the full virtual meeting are VERY impressive in the time from “Vancouver” till now.
>
> It went smoother than I would have thought. I think MeetEcho did an amazing job. Thanks to them and all the leadership making the tooling work for this meeting.
>
> There is the human problem of people reading the Jabber chat continuously during the meeting, because it really is now multiple stream communications during the meeting. If I knew the human / UI fix to that, I would suggest it, I don’t. I chair a small working group, so we can multitask that way. Large working groups will like have to the use the queue more formally than we did - with the chairs possibly voicing the jabber room.

I disagree, there are often rough edges around the first time you use any tool, some of this is PBCAK and some is UI, etc.

I have some suggestions to improve it, but the reality is this is a huge improvement and seems to be working well.

- Jared

Ps: suggestions follow

- remember that I did data tracker login
- show time remaining in meeting (countdown)
- if I’ve scrolled to bottom of chat, and more people type, keep scrolling down so I don’t need to scroll further down