Re: Registration details for IETF 108

On 12/06/2020, at 12:51 AM, Randy Bush <randy@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I’ve seen a couple of conferences using gather.town – there’s a video
from PLDI at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0xZLJVhzPc that talks
about their plans.

pldi tried a couple of things worth the look

i am willing to try https://gather.town/ in the next tma break

Someone pointed us to this a while ago and we met with one of the principals there a couple of weeks ago to understand how we might be able to use it.  It’s affordable but they require some form of authentication integration for large gatherings and we don’t like their current option for privacy reasons and so they are looking at new options.

We’re hoping to get to the stage where we can do an open test, before IETF 108 to see if is suitable to trial during the meeting.

Jay

We’ve had some discussion of trying it with IETF, although it’s not
clear it’ll work at the scale we need.

imiho, you do not need room for more than a couple of dozen folk in a
hallway conversation

btw, credit in this space to lisa dusseault for trying to get ietf folk
to try second life

randy

--
Jay Daley