Re: Fedora 24 beta (nearly) - major problem, help

On Sat, May 7, 2016 at 9:58 PM, P.  Gueckel <pgueckel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Chris Murphy wrote:
>
>> You might check if
>> the firmware is current.
>
> The firmware is ancient. I haven't had windows (XP)
> since about 2000.
>
> I haven't ever managed to figure out how to do BIOS
> updates in Linux. Is it possible?

It's increasingly possible with fwupdate but it requires manufacturer
support for it, pretty sure. Anyway, most manufacturers have a FreeDOS
based image that can be used to flash the BIOS. If you have to have
Windows to do this, probably forget it because that means starting
over - that installer will obliterate the drive contents.

But before worrying about the firmware, find out whether you have the
latest version or not and include that information in the bug report.
And check the changelogs. If none of the versions since what you have
fix anything related to TPM then it may not even be relevant.

--
Chris Murphy