RE: Fedora 24 beta (nearly) - major problem, help

Maybe you need to boot up into rescue mode and reinstall grub?  I've had to do that a few times during fresh installs lately.

-----Original Message-----
From: P. Gueckel [mailto:pgueckel@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2016 7:54 PM
To: test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fedora 24 beta (nearly) - major problem, help

I installed the latest version, which is pretty likely what will become F24ß.

On my desktop computer, everything appears to have gone smoothly, although I have had little time to experiment. Getting back into my old system, F23, gave me some problems, since osprober (?) generated menu items for linux/initrd and not linux16/initrd16.
Luckily, I was able to find that out pretty easily.

The laptop computer has turned into a major nightmare.
Everything installed just fine. I powered off and removed the disc and wanted to try it out. Instead of the grub menu, I got a message "TPM error 1" and the grub rescue prompt.

I went into the BIOS of the laptop and randomly tried every possible variant of enabled, disabled, factory defaults and so on that I could stumble upon, but I am unable to get anything but the TPM error and the grub rescue prompt.

How do I get rid of the TMP problem and boot into the new system?